Sunday, November 30, 2008

Went to the Singapore's 1st Bikers Show, held next to the Singapore Flyer. First look already gave me a 'not-so' impressive feel. One thing is the venue. Second is the weather.
I'll start with the venue. Although it was held near the iconic Singapore Flyer, there wasn't much place for fellow bikers to park their bikes. Most have to park them on the pavement ( and risk being fined ) or in the nearby carparks managed by shopping malls. I personally think the best venue to hold such an event is near the now defunct Singapore national stadium. There's alot of empty parking lots and also ample space to organise bazzars, street show, stunt bike riding...etc.

One of my favourite bikes, the Triumph Tiger Cafe Racer Replical.


I remembered back in the late 90s, there was such a similar Car & Bike Show held at the former World Trade Centre. Impressive turn out of bikes. Infact, the bikes in the parking lots are much better then those in the show room. Again, the organisers fail to see this part and let history repeat itself. I guess the leopard never changes it's spot....

Do you think she is 'show-girl' quality? I don't think so...


She is a crowd pleaser. I guess she's the only model who really put her heart and soul in posing for the cameras. The rest of the show models are either fiddling with their handphones or just sitting in corner chit-chatting away. Disappointing turn out for this year's event. I hope the relevant organisers can do a better job next year, if there is going to be another one.

0 comments: